Here's a new recipe to try when it comes to pickling....Avocado pickles! Not only are avocado's a super food, but they're absolutely delicious on fresh made sandwiches. Give the recipe a try today and rest assure they will stay nice and fresh in your refrigerator up to 1 month. Enjoy!
- 4 firm avocados
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon whole yellow mustard seeds
- 1 cup of water
- In a medium pot combine together water, vinegar, mustard seeds, salt, sugar, peppercorns, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar and salt dissolves, then remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Peel and slice avacados, then place into a large mason jar.
- Fill jar with cooled mixture and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 1 month.