Halloween is coming up fast and it's time to think of some spooky treats to make for the kiddos! These Frankenstein Rice Krispies are guaranteed to be a hit with the kids (and adults!). Forget your diet, it's Halloween! They're just like your favorite childhood treat, but transformed into creepy - and delicious - monsters. Don't forget to share this recipe with all your Halloween loving friends!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 3 tbs butter
- Green food coloring
- Melted chocolate (chocolate chips or candy melts will work!)
- Candy eyes
- Melt the butter in a large pot and add your marshmallows. Stir until everything is melted.
- Add about 10 drops of green food coloring (or until you're happy with the color of green).
- Add the cereal to the pot and stir to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan and press flat. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Dip the tops of your treats into the melted chocolate and lay on a piece of wax paper.
- Add your candy eyes to your monsters using the chocolate as "glue".
- Fill a ziplock bag with some of the chocolate, cut off an end and use to draw a mouth on your monster.
- Let your treats sit for about 20 minutes (until the chocolate has hardened). Enjoy!