Two of the worlds best comfort foods combined into one incredible mouthwatering dish! That's right folks, we took the delicious mac and cheese and put it together with a jalapeno popper burger! You haven't tasted amazing until you taste this - give it a try today!
- 1 box macaroni and cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup half and half
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 egg, beaten
- 3 cups jalapeno flavored kettle chips, finely crushed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup pickled jalapeno, chopped
- Prepare a rectangular baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, boil macaroni noodles from the box, stirring occasionally until al dente, about 7-8 minutes.
- After draining pasta, place it back into the pot and add in the butter, powder mix from the box, cream, and shredded cheese, then mix until well-combined.
- Pour mac and cheese mixture evenly into prepared baking dish, spreading evenly and pressing until about ½-inch thick. Place in the freezer at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Once mixture is frozen, use cookie cutter to cut out your buns! (I got 6)
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a small shallow dish. Pour the beaten eggs into another shallow dish. In another shallow dish, pour in the crushed jalapeno chips.
- Carefully dredge your “buns” first in flour, shake off excess, then place in egg, make sure it’s fully covered. Lastly place in chips until well-coated.
- Fry in oil until golden and crispy, place on paper towel lined plate, then keep warm in the oven while assembling the burger patties.
- To make the burgers, in a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, bacon, and pickled jalapeno until well-combined.
- Split the ground beef into 3 portions, then split those in half to begin assembling. For each patty, flatten a half, then spoon on some of the cream cheese mixture, then top with the other half of the patty, sealing up the sides so none of the cream cheese mixture can come out. Repeat until all 3 patties are done.
- Heat a pan to medium, then cook burger patties until brown on one side, flip, then continue cooking until browned on the other side.
- To assemble, take 2 mac and cheese “buns” and place a patty in between. Enjoy!