Have you ever seen anything cuter than these Mason Jar Lid Pies? Not only are they adorable, but it's a genius idea for making snack-sized pies that you can take on-the-go. Give this tasty recipe a try and don't forget to share it with other pie lovers in your life!
- 12 regular sized mason jar lids
- 2 or more cans of pie filling (cherries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1 box of refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your pie crusts on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a knife, trace around the circumference of your mason jar lids and rings (make sure the pie crust circles are a bit larger than the lids and rings).
- Place the larger pie crust circle inside your lids (make sure the silicon part of the lid is facing down).
- Spoon in some pie filling and top with the smaller piece of pie crust. Make sure to cut some slits in the crust so that steam can escape.
- Use a fork to press the edges of the crust together and brush with egg wash.
- Place your mini pies on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. You can sprinkle the tops of the pies with turbinado sugar if you like.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!