Apple crisp is one of my favorite desserts, especially when the weather starts getting more crisp, cool, and closer to fall. So comforting, the combination of apples and cinnamon brings me back to a simpler time.
This recipe for Mason Jar Apple Crisp is the best one to make if you need a dessert idea that will feed a crowd. Wash out those mini mason jars and bake this up in the oven for a portable, single-serving treat that everyone will love!
- 1 can (21-ounce) apple pie filling
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 10 (4-ounce) oven-safe mason jars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare mason jars with a light butter coating to make them nonstick, and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon apple pie filling evenly into each buttered mason jar.
- To make the crumb topping, mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt together in a medium bowl, then use your fingers or a fork to incorporate the butter until it becomes small crumbs.
- Top each filled mason jar with the crumb topping, then evenly pour out the remaining crumb topping onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the mason jars 35-40 minutes, or until the crumb topping has browned. Bake the remaining crumb topping on the baking sheet about 20 minutes, or until it is also golden brown.
- Remove the mason jars from the oven and let cool 10 minutes. Serve warm (be careful as the mason jars may still be hot!) with ice cream and more crumb topping.