Cookies and milk is such a classic combo, we had to try it in cheesecake brownies, too! These Cookies & Milk Cheesecake Brownie Bars are almost too good to be true.
Between the easy as pie brownie base, the decadent cheesecake layer, and the chocolate chip cookies dotted on top, this treat will be a showstopper at your next bake sale or potluck. Serve these bars with a nice full glass of milk for a satisfying dessert everyone will love!
For the brownie base:
- 1 box brownie mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
For the cheesecake layer:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the chocolate chip cookie topping:
- 1 pouch (1 pound 1.5 ounces) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix brownie batter ingredients until well blended. Pour evenly into pan, then bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with hand mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, then beat until blended. Add 2 eggs and vanilla, then beat just until blended. In a medium bowl, stir together chocolate chip cookie mix and flour. Add softened butter and 1 egg, stirring until soft dough forms.
- Spread cheesecake layer mixture over hot brownie base. Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate chip cookie dough over cheesecake layer.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cookie is golden brown. Cool 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before cutting and serving. Cut into bars, and store any leftovers covered in refrigerator.