The laws of a rational society seem to have never applied to many cartoons.
That being said, they don't become less enjoyable, but pointing out these flaws that flew over our heads are fun.
Here are 10 images from cartoon shows or movies that make practically no sense - but can you figure out why?
You don't have to know any of these cartoon shows, all you need to do is identify where they've failed in reasoning.
Take a note of each one of your answers.
10. The Flintstones
7. Spongebob Squarepants
6. Mickey Mouse
5. The Smurfs
4. The Three Little Pigs
3. The Little Mermaid
2. Phineas and Ferb
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Here are the answers...
10. The Flintstones are celebrating Christmas in the Stone Age. That was a long time before the birth of Jesus.
9. Arthur's headphones are not placed on his ears, so how can he be listening to music?
8. You're telling me there was not one other person in that kingdom who had the same shoe size as Cinderella? Not even one?!
7. The characters in Spongebob Squarepants live in the ocean, so how is Squidward watering his plants?
6. Mickey Mouse's friend Goofy is a dog, but he also has a pet dog. How does that work?
5. That cage doesn't look like it could lock these Smurfs up for a very long time. The metal bars are so wide that the Smurfs could easily escape through them.
4. Did you notice the portrait of the Three Little Pigs's father? He's a string of sausages. What an awful way to remember their father!
3. King Triton, a merman, has nipples, but Aladdin, a human, does not.
2. How does Phineas put on his shirt over that large, oddly-shaped head? The striped-shirt must be made out of the world's most stretchable fabric.
1. Why would mutant ninjas need to hide their identity with masks?
How many of these cases of awful cartoon logic were you able to crack? Which one had you stumped? Let us know in the comments! Share this story with your friends to see how many they can figure out.