Ice cream cakes are a must for any summertime birthday, so why not make your own!? No baking required and waaaaaay simpler than you thought.
Ice cream cake + favorite frozen treat, banana split! Putting these two amazing things together was inevitable! Now for the first time you’ll be able to share your banana split and make a birthday to remember!
- 8 ice cream sandwiches
- 1/2 gallon strawberry ice cream , softened
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- 2 cups whipped cream topping
- 1 banana , peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts , chopped
- 1 cherry (optional)
- Place a 9-inch springform pan in the freezer to chill while preparing the next steps. Cut each ice cream sandwiches into quarters (slicing in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise). Transfer the pieces to a wax-paper lined pan, and freeze until firm again. Remove the springform pan and the ice cream sandwiches from the freezer. Line the outer rim of the springform pan with the ice cream sandwiches, arranging them lengthwise. Fill the center of the pan with the softened strawberry ice cream. Cover and freeze until very firm.
- Warm the hot fudge for 20 to 40 seconds in the microwave, then stir to evenly heat. Remove the cake from the pan and transfer to a serving plate. Pour the fudge sauce on the top center of the cake and spread just to the edge of the strawberry ice cream filling. Dollop with the whipped cream, then layer the banana slices around the edge. Garnish with chopped walnuts and top with a cherry.