You don’t need a bake sale to start baking at home, all you need is your appetite for delicious homemade baked goodness! Bars are always my go to and this recipe is a great place to start.
These chewy and gooey dessert bars will impress with their strawberry flavor and color. Nobody will know that you use a box cake mix and just 5 ingredients all together!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box strawberry cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper and spray liberally with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the cake mix and egg, continuing to beat on low until well-combined and quite thick.
- Scoop half the strawberry cake dough evenly into the prepared pan. Spraying your spatula with nonstick spray will make this easier.
- For the next layer, pour the white chocolate chips evenly over the dough layer. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk over the white chocolate chips, then scoop out the remaining strawberry dough as evenly as you can on top. Some holes in the dough layer are okay, as it will spread out while baking.
- Bake 27-30 minutes, or until the edges are set and starting to turn golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 3 hours to overnight, or until the bars are firm. Cut up into bars and enjoy!