Painting Easter eggs has always been a family favorite. Only thing is you could never eat them after! Until now!
Instead of painting your traditional Easter egg, how about making a super colorful egg and then eating it! Layering your favorite jello flavors into an egg shape will change the way you celebrate Easter forever!
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Hot glue gun
- Syringe medicine dispenser
- 3 oz boxes of JELL-O in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 6 cups water, divided
- Use the drill to cut a hole in the top of your plastic Easter eggs. If your eggs have small holes in them, use the hot glue gun to cover those holes so liquid won’t leak out.
- Spray the inside of each plastic egg with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat 1 cup of water for 2 minutes in the microwave until boiling. Mix in 1 box of JELL-O — we started with purple and worked our way up. Once the JELL-O is dissolved, add 1/3 cup Cool Whip to a separate bowl and pour half of the JELL-O mixture onto it. Stir until creamy.
- Use the medical syringe to squirt the Cool Whip JELL-O into the bottom of your Easter eggs. Cool in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes until the JELL-O has set.
- Now, add a layer of the purple JELL-O without the Cool Whip. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Repeat the steps with all of the different colors of JELL-O: Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, and Red.
- Once the JELL-O has set, carefully remove them from the plastic eggs. Serve cold and enjoy!