Spaghetti is or was everyone's favorite food at some point in their life. Time to give this classic a tiny makeover so you can enjoy it with no utensils!
With the help of Pillsbury you can make this super easy braid in minutes. All that yummy cheesy, saucy and noodleyness will be wrapped up in salty, tender dinner rolls. Leave the garlic bread in the freezer, this has everything in one delicious package!
- 2 tubes Pillsbury dinner rolls
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and slightly cooled
- 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Prepare work surface with a light coating of nonstick spray. Roll dinner rolls into a rectangle, approximately 12x16-inches in size. Cover well with plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Remove wrap from dough. Scoop spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of the dough.
- Spread sauce evenly on top of spaghetti, then place the cheese cubes throughout. Make cuts 1 ½-inches apart on the long bare sides of dough within 1/2-inch of the filling.
- Begin braiding by folding the top and bottom strips towards the filling, then braid strips left over right. Continue alternating, then finish by pulling the last strip over and tucking it under the braid.
- Using both hands, carefully lift the braid and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. If necessary, cover with foil if browning too quickly. Cool slightly and slice to serve.