Trending | Uplifting

Pregnant Woman Saved Her Husband's Life Just Days Before She Gives Birth

Go Fund Me - Team Goette

The days before you give birth to a child are likely going to be stressful, but they should also be happy. You've got a new little bundle of joy being added to your family, and while the parents are usually a little nervous they are mostly just excited for the next chapter of their lives.

However Ashley Goette was faced with a different situation. She was 39 weeks pregnant, and one day away from being induced when the worst possible thing happened.

She woke up in the middle of the night to hear her husband Andrew struggling to breathe. She reacted quickly, and called 911.

"I think my husband can't breathe," she said to the 911 dispatcher. "He was just making these sounds. I think I need to give him CPR."

The dispatcher told her what to do, but because she was pregnant she wasn't able to drag him to the floor like they instructed.

"I can't do this." Ashley responded, clearly struggling on the call.

But she started the CPR in bed, and luckily the paramedics arrived shortly after and were able to rush him to the hospital. Andrew was placed in a medically induced coma to keep him safe.

"I didn't want to have to think for one second about having to do any of this without him."

Ashley was reeling, and had to wait while the doctors were trying to find out what was happening with her husband.

"I didn't want to have to think for one second about having to do any of this without him," she said. "I kept telling him the whole time he was asleep, or in his coma, that I was not going to have this baby until he woke up."

The medically induced coma was done to prevent any further damage to his brain, but they weren't sure how much he had suffered before his wife discovered him. They had to wait and see until they woke him up the next day and luckily he was "fully responsive and neurologically intact."

"Opening his eyes, he focused on each family member in the room," the story continued on the GoFundMe page. "They asked him to squeeze my hand and he did, wiggle his toes and he did, thumbs up with your right, thumbs up with your left, yes! What everyone witnessed was unexplainable. Joyful."

Andrew spent the next 36 hours recovering from the abnormal heart rhythms that had started this whole issue, but it became clear that they had put off Ashley's delivery long enough. The problem was that Andrew still couldn't get out of bed so he wouldn't be able to be there for the birth of his child like they had planned.

But the doctors were able to arrange that Andrew's bed could be wheeled into the delivery room so he could be with her while she was induced, but when her labor stalled at five centimeters they had to change the plan again.

Ashley was brought down to an operating room to have a C-section, but the restrictions prevented Andrew from coming with her. However he was still able to watch the birth via Facetime.

"I'm still watching on my phone as they're coming through the door," Andrew said. "So that was pretty cool. And I was already standing there with my shirt off waiting for him, with all my electrodes still hanging off of me."

He got to hold his new son right away, welcoming Lennon Andrew Goette to the world.  Shortly after meeting his son, Andrew was taken into surgery for his heart, which was apparently a huge success.

The new parents are both recovering from their surgeries well, and their son is also doing great. They are looking for donations to help offset the costs of the surgeries, but they are both just so happy to be okay.

Source - Go Fund Me / Fox News / ADN

So glad the family is doing okay, and let's hope they are out of the woods now!