If you’re really looking to wow the crowd this holiday season, you need this Bacon-Wrapped Mini Meatloaf recipe in your life.
These little loaves are so much more fun than a regular meatloaf - since each person gets their own, there’s no need to share! The bacon adds a delicious flavor that pairs delightfully with this classic - and don’t forget the fried onion pieces for an extra crunch you won’t be able to get enough of.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 bacon slices
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 shakes tabasco
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup fried onion pieces
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat. Cook onions until fragrant and slightly brown while stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, thyme, and cooked onions and garlic. Use hands to mix. Divide into six equal sized portions and shape into thick disks.
- Wrap bacon slices around edge of disks. Diameter of meatloaf should be so that the bacon ends just meet or slightly overlap.
- In a separate bowl, combine ketchup with mustard and brown sugar. Divide equally and spread over the tops of the mini meatloaves.
- Bake in preheated oven or grill until bacon is just golden, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle tops with crispy fried onions.