When you put 2 of the world's greatest desserts together you get perfection! Brownies + Reese's peanut butter cups = Reese's Ooey Gooey Bars!
Transform a plain old boxed cake mix into this indulgent delicacy! By tweaking the ingredients that you typically add to cake mix, you can turn boring old chocolate cake into a dense and delicious brownie. Layer some Reese's Cups right in the middle and WOW! You just made the gooiest, most amazing, peanut butter brownie bars ever!
If you don't believe me, then I dare you to try them out! They're pure chocolate and peanut butter bliss. Your entire family will go crazy for them, they'll be amazed by your baking skills, and you will be asked to make them for all your family gatherings from now on!
Want to taste test some more peanut butter and chocolate desserts? Give these recipes a try:
Below we have the directions for how to make these irresistible Reese's Ooey Gooey Bars. Let us know how they turn out!
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 regular sized peanut butter cups, frozen and unwrapped
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter M&Ms
- Combine the cake mix, egg, butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix until a soft dough forms. Press half the dough into an 8x8 baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Arrange the frozen peanut butter cups over the top of the dough. Press the rest of the dough over the tops of the peanut butter cups evenly.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with the Reese's Pieces. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. They will look undone but trust me, they're done. Let the bars cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in a sealed container, no need to refrigerate!
Craving more brownie recipes? We've got you covered with these mouthwatering treats that any chocoholic will love!