Nothing better than drumsticks in the summer, but they only come with 4 in a pack! Leaving my family to fight over every cone! I made it my mission to make a drumstick dessert for every to enjoy!
This has all the delicious elements of the iconic frozen treat. Crispy waffle cone and peanuts all the way to the velvety ice cream. This also had the added bonus of a chewy fudge brownie to make this a new family favorite on the those hot summer days!
- 1 box brownie mix (water, eggs and oil for mix)
- ¾ cup salted peanuts
- ¾ cup caramel sauce
- ¾ cup hot Fudge
- 6 waffle cones (broken into pieces and divided in half)
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- Prepare and cook brownie mix according to box in a 13x9 inch greased pan.
- Remove from oven and let brownies cool completely.
- Sprinkle half of the waffle cone pieces over the cooled brownies.
- Carefully spread softened vanilla ice cream over the waffle cone topped brownies. I let the ice cream container sit on the counter for about 10 minutes to soften and then put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to make it soft enough to spread but not liquidy.
- Sprinkle peanuts over the ice cream.
- Sprinkle remaining waffle cone pieces over the peanuts.
- Drizzle caramel over the peanuts. To make the caramel easier to pour, I heated it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Heat the hot fudge in the microwave for about one minute to make it easy to pour. Drizzle hot fudge over the caramel.
- Lightly cover with plastic wrap (I used Press n Seal) and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours to harden.
- If the dessert is difficult to cut, run your knife under hot water and that should make it easy-peasy.