With summer well on its way, you might be looking for low-carb food options to get you through your hunger without feeling heavy and bloated! Well, look no further - The Garlic Diaries came up with this delicious recipe for Shrimp and Avocado Lettuce Wraps, and we’re not complaining!
These delicious lettuce wraps are packed with flavor, and you just can’t go wrong with a shrimp-avocado combo. This tex-mex inspired dinner will rock your world!
For the slaw:
- ¾ cup shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ⅓ teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
For the shrimp:
- 6 large peeled and deveined shrimp
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the lettuce wraps:
- 2 leaves of romaine lettuce
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, very thinly sliced, optional
- Extra cilantro, chopped, optional
- Assemble the slaw first so that the flavors can combine well while you finish everything else. Combine the shredded coleslaw mix, lime juice, honey, and cilantro in a bowl - stir well until everything is completely mixed together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Stir together the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Lay the shrimp out on a plate and season liberally on both sides with this seasoning mix.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- When hot, add the shrimp to the skillet and sear on both sides until cooked through.
- To assemble, add half the slaw to each romaine leaf, add half the avocado slices, 3 shrimp, a few jalapeños, and sprinkle of cilantro on top.
Recipe By: The Garlic Diaries