It’s that time of the year when pumpkin everything is absolutely mandatory! We’re loving these Baked Pumpkin Donuts right now, and they’re just too easy to bake...no more pulling out the deep fryer for donuts!
Once you’ve got the donuts in the oven, whip up a simple maple glaze and get dunkin’! You’ll love these any time of the year, really, but they’re the best with coffee on a cool day.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
For the maple glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a donut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar. In another bowl, combine egg, pumpkin, milk, vanilla and oil. Mix the ingredients together and stir until just combined - do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a ziploc or piping bag. Snip the corner off and squeeze the batter into the prepared donut pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While they bake, to make the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar, maple syrup, and milk together until well-combined.
- Cool slightly and dip in maple glaze, then allow to set. Enjoy!