Any holiday menu calls for a classic - mashed potatoes. This recipe for Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes hits all the necessary points for a good mashed potato: it’s creamy, can be mashed to your desired consistency (smooth or rustic), and is perfectly seasoned with a garlicky kick that just can’t go wrong.
Serve this up with all the fixings and covered in gravy, and you’ve got a side that can take center stage. Don’t forget to ensure you allocate a half-pound of potatoes per person you are serving! Guaranteed your guests won’t be able to get enough.
- 4 pounds potatoes
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until firm but tender then drain and let rest.
- Mash the potatoes and incorporate the garlic, cream, butter, truffle, thyme, coriander.
- Mash until desired consistency: smooth or rustic/country.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve.