You've gotta try this Ultimate Steak Sandwich...when we say the ultimate, we mean the ultimate.
If you're a fan of Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, you'll love this. It's the most indulgent sandwich you can make at home, with ooey gooey cheese sauce and decadently delicious steak. Don't forget to share...even though you might want all of this for yourself!
- 8 ounces prime rib steak
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 4 slices provolone
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Au jus gravy mix + water required on the packet
- 2 Italian rolls
For the sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Shave prime rib steak, peppers and onion super thin.
- Heat thick-bottomed pan over medium high heat with tablespoon of oil. Add beef, onions, garlic and peppers cook until peppers and onion have softened (the beef will cook quicker due to it being so thin).
- Add au jus mix and water indicated on package, reduce heat and cook for 30 seconds.
- Place Italian buns on a tin foil-lined baking sheet and toast buns under the broiler until golden. Using tongs, place beef on top of bottom bun, top with 2 slices of provolone cheese, then evenly sprinkle with dried oregano and place under broiler until cheese is bubbly. Reserve remaining cooking liquid for dipping.
- While steak is broiling, bring cream to a gentle simmer and slowly add grated cheddar while whisking. Pour sauce directly onto steak sandwich.
- Top steak with top bun and enjoy the ultimate sandwich!