Looking to impress your family this Easter? These adorable Baby Chick Cheese Balls will leave your guests in awe...plus they're just so much fun to make!
Kids will love these little chicks, and they're easy enough to make that they can help you put them together. Place them on a cracker right before serving for the most adorable bite-sized snack that's perfect for Easter dinner (or any time of the year)!
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped bacon
- 6 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- orange food coloring
- 4-6 black olives
- Ritz crackers (or any cracker you like)
- Stir together the cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- Stir the bacon into the remaining cheese ball mixture.
- Scoop out 1/2 tablespoon size scoops of the cheese ball mixture.
- Roll into the small pieces of finely shredded cheddar cheese and shape into balls.
- Cut 2 tear drop shapes, 2 flower shapes, and one tiny triangle from the cheddar cheese for each cheese ball chick you have made.
- Brush orange food coloring over the triangles and flowers (or brush the coloring over the slice of cheese, allow to dry, then cut out the shapes).
- Cut thin slivers off the edges of the black olives and cut into tiny circles.
- Attach two tear drop shaped wings to the sides of each cheese ball using the reserved cheese ball mixture.
- If needed, warm the reserved cheese ball mixture in the microwave on the defrost setting for about 10 seconds.
- Attach a triangle beak and two flower shaped feet to each cheese ball then attach two black olive eyes.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Set cheese balls on crackers just before serving.