Corn dogs always make me think of summertime, sunshine and carnivals! You can bring these feelings home with this delicious recipe for Mini Corn Dogs!
These aren’t your average corn dogs, with their itty bitty size and bacon bit batter. You’ll love this recipe for parties and potlucks!
- 1 quart vegetable oil, for frying
- 24 toothpicks or cocktail sticks
For the corn dogs
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 9 strips)
- 24 cocktail wieners
- In a medium pot or deep fryer, preheat oil to 365 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, white pepper, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in buttermilk, egg, and honey and gently whisk until no lumps remain. Fold in bacon.
- Skewer 1 cocktail wiener on each toothpick. Working in small batches, dip and roll wieners in batter until fully coated and then quickly and carefully drop them, toothpick and all, into the hot oil. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your choice of condiments.