I use the rule of 4s when making any casserole. Which means take 4 of your favorite foods and put em’ together along with some casserole necessities and boom! Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot casserole!
Classic combination of chicken bacon ranch has lasted the test of many recipes and now we add crispy little tater tots to the mix! This casserole is a winner any day of the week!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 package ranch dressing & seasoning mix
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 bag Tater Tots
- ½ cup chopped cooked bacon
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 8 or 10 inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion in oil until tender.
- In medium bowl, stir onion, condensed soup, sour cream, milk, 1 cup of the cheese, 2 tablespoons of the dressing mix and the black pepper until mixed well; stir in chicken.
- Place half of the frozen potatoes in single layer on bottom of baking dish. Spoon and spread chicken mixture on top of potatoes; sprinkle 1/4 cup of the bacon on top.
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, add remaining potatoes with remaining dressing mix; seal and shake bag to coat. Spread evenly on top of casserole.
- Bake 40 minutes; top casserole with remaining 1 cup cheese and 1/4 cup bacon.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Top with tomatoes and green onions.