Lasagna is one of my favorite dinners, but by the time you’re done all the layering and preparation, your hunger might have already come and gone! This Easy Ravioli Lasagna is the simplest version of lasagna you’ll make, and it’s just as good, (if not better), than the original!
The Food Charlatan came up with this delicious layered feast, and we’re so happy they did! Using frozen ravioli from the freezer, you’ll love how quickly this meal will get on the table!
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 20-25 ounces ravioli, fresh or frozen
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella
- Fresh basil, to garnish, optional
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble the sausage over medium heat. Drain well.
- Add the marinara sauce and crushed tomatoes. Add Italian seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the edges of a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Spoon about a half cup of the sauce into the pan and spread it all around the bottom.
- Layer half of the ravioli on top in a single layer.
- Spread half of the ricotta over the top of the ravioli.
- Top with half of the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with about 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Repeat the layers: all the remaining ravioli, ricotta, sauce, and another cup or more of mozzarella.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. You can broil it for the last minute if you love crispy cheese on top (just be careful it doesn't burn!).
- Garnish with fresh basil and dig in!
Recipe By: The Food Charlatan