School lunches for the little ones need to be full of healthy goodies and need to be fun too. Why not disguise some energizing and wholesome granola bars with some eye catching funfetti that any age will love!
These Funfetti Granola Bars can be cooked and cooled in under an hour and school snacks will be done for the week! These chewy treats will keep your kids excited to open that lunch bag!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 3/4 cups oats
- 3/4 cup funfetti cake mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons colored sprinkles for topping
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8” square baking dish with parchment paper or foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a microwaveable mixing bowl, combine the honey and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir a few times, then continue microwaving for 15-30 more seconds, or until the butter is completely melted.
- Add in the oats, cake mix, vanilla and salt. Stir until well combined. Lastly, add in additional sprinkles, if you’d like, but let’s be honest, who doesn’t like more sprinkles?!
- Pour the mixture into your baking pan. Use your hands or the back of a spatula to make sure everything is firmly pressed down.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges are brown and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, slice into bars. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle across the bars.
- Store in individual layers, with wax paper between each one to prevent them from sticking together.