Health | Family

Mother Warns Others To Always Cut Children's Grapes After Son's Close Call

A mom is warning others to be more careful about what they give their children after her own son almost choked to death on something that no one would have thought would be dangerous.

She posted the photo of the X-ray along with the comment "Attention Parents! Do you know what this X-ray is of? A grape that was lodged in the top of a 5-year-old’s airway today."

Angela Henderson shared on her Facebook page that a grape had been lodged in her son's airway and that he would need surgery to remove it. “He is VERY lucky that part of his airway was open or else this could have ended badly.”

She hopes parents will see this and be more careful to cut their children's food up because they don't always chew their food properly “Please be careful. And when in doubt just cut the damn grapes, baby tomatoes etc."

Even doctors think that grapes should have warning labels on them to warn parents that they are a choking hazard.

Luckily her son was okay, but make sure to cut up your young children's food and make sure they chew properly so this doesn't happen to you!

Related Articles