This DIY Halloween decoration is amazing! Put this Floating Cheesecloth Ghost at your front door, and you're guaranteed to spook (and impress) all your trick-or-treaters. Don't forget to share this post with all the Halloween lovers in your life!
- Black felt
- Something to support the ghost while it dries (we used a large Styrofoam ball on top of a tall vase)
- Pour 2 cups of water in a microwave safe container along with one cup of cornstarch. Microwave in 30 second intervals until thick.
- Set mixture aside to cool slightly so that you're able to handle it without it being too hot.
- Set up your support for your ghost.
- Cut your piece of cheesecloth in half and coat each piece in the cornstarch mixture. Make sure it's completely covered!
- Drape the coated cheesecloth over your support and make sure to arrange it however you like. Once it's dry you won't be able to change it.
- Once you're happy with the shape of your ghost leave it to dry overnight. Once it's dry remove the cheesecloth from the support and glue on two black felt eyes.
- Your ghost is now ready to spook your trick-or-treaters!