Look no further for ooey gooey goodness that you can whip up on your stove in no time! This Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese is a sandwich of epic proportions, and you’ll love the spicy-cheesy combo in this.
Layer on three types of cheeses, jalapeno, and of course bacon for that addition of salty flavor, and you’ve got a grilled cheese you’ll want to make again and again! Eat them both yourself or share with a friend - this recipe makes two amazing sandwiches!
- 2 jalapenos, sliced lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- A few pats of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese, then bake 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is starting to turn golden brown.
- Place two halves of jalapeno, 2 slices bacon, 2 slices Monterey Jack, and 2 slices Cheddar per sandwich (2 sandwiches total).
- Heat a pan on medium-low heat, then melt a pat of butter down to coat the pan. Place sandwiches on the pan and cook each side slowly until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!