Make appetizers fun this Cinco de Mayo with these scrumptious Fajita Potato Bites! These little slices of magic are packed with Mexican-inspired flavors and toppings galore!
This dish makes the perfect appetizer, and if you’ve got a full on party going, you might want to double up on everything since they’ll go fast! Serve these up with some margaritas and you’ve got a party to remember!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium Russet potatoes
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ cup salsa
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon fajita mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wash the potatoes and cut the end off. Slice the potatoes into slice that are about ¼ inch in thickness. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, turn the slices over and bake for another 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until it's slightly translucent. Add the peppers and the fajita mix and toss. Cook until onions are golden brown and peppers are cooked through.
- To assemble top each potato slice with a teaspoon or so of sour cream, followed by the onion and pepper mixture, salsa, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.