With the holidays being so busy, sometimes you can find yourself scrambling for that perfect side dish to compliment the other picks in your menu. This recipe for Maple Walnut Roasted Sweet Potatoes has a crunch and sweetness you just can’t beat.
This dish qualifies as an alternative to mashed potatoes for those looking for a slightly healthier carb to go alongside turkey and stuffing. Get feasting!
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash potatoes well then dry.
- Cut potatoes into quarters then cut 1 inch thick pieces then put in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and toss until evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and season with salt, pepper and garnish with walnuts.
- Bake for 20 mins or until caramelized and tender.