Macaroni and cheese is one of those comfort foods that I can never get enough of. There’s so many variations, you could eat it everyday!
Slow Cooker Beer Mac and Cheese has all the flavors of your favorite beer, plus even more delicious seasonings, and of course, an ooey gooey cheese sauce. This is so easy to make in your slow cooker, you’ll love it as a weeknight dinner!
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup stout beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, for later
For cheese sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup stout beer
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Add all pasta ingredients except for noodles to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until meat is cooked through.
- Stir in pasta noodles and return slow cooker to high for 15-45 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and noodles are al dente (add more liquid ¼ cup at a time if needed).
- In the meantime, melt butter in saucepan over medium high heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in beer (keep whisking so you don't get lumps) and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly stir in milk while continuing to whisk and then let simmer while whisking occasionally until thickened (about 4-6 minutes).
- Stir in cheese and remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Stir cheese sauce into finished pasta and serve.