Bacon is just one of those ingredients that can never do wrong. It’s the perfect blend of salty, crispy, and is just perfection. This Bacon Avocado Caesar Dressing puts bacon to good use, mixing it with creamy avocado for a salad dressing that just can’t be beat.
You almost don’t even need to add more than lettuce and some croutons or Parmesan crisps, as this salad dressing packs in more than enough flavor. For freshness and a twist on a Caesar salad that you’ve never had before, try this recipe and enjoy!
- 5 slices smoked bacon
- 1 avocado
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 1 cup canola oil
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons dijon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan crisps for topping salad, optional
- In a mixing bowl, blend dijon and egg until smooth.
- Incorporate oil until creamy mayo is formed.
- Add anchovies, bacon, avocado and blend well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add desired amount of dressing to greens of choice, toss and serve with parmesan crisps, if desired.