Texas Caviar is a well-known dip made with a whole load of delicious veggies and tasty seasoning and herbs. This mix can be made in advance, so it’s ready for your next cookout!
Toss it all in a big bowl, then chill until ready to serve. Don’t forget the crackers or tortilla chips on the side for dipping - you’ll want more and more once you give it a try!
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, mix together onion, green bell pepper, green onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cherry tomatoes, Italian dressing, black beans, black-eyed peas, sweet corn, and coriander.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours.
- Toss with desired amount of fresh cilantro to serve.