Skip the deep fryer and bake up some Baked Pickle Chips! You’ll still have the crunch factor without all the grease, plus insane flavor that you won’t be able to get enough of.
This better-for-you option tastes just as great as the deep fried version, without all the guilt. Why not give these a try?
- 1 cup bread and butter crinkle cut pickles
- 1 1/2 cups kettle chips, crushed
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat pickles dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, mix together crushed chips, butter, dill and cayenne. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, toss pickles in flour until lightly coated, then toss pickles in eggs. Dredge the pickles in the chip mixture until fully coated.
- Place pickles on prepared baking sheet and bake until the coating is golden and crispy, about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through if needed.
- Serve warm with sour cream.