Everybody loves stuffing and that’s a fact. But usually people have their favorite way of making it. Crunchy, soft, dried fruit and booze are dome popular variations, but can we all agree that a big mac inspired stuffing would beat them all?!
Big Mac sauce all the way to the sesame bun! It’s all here and to my amazement it works!
For the sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ¼ cup onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons relish
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 egg
For the stuffing:
- 8 sesame seed buns
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup pickles, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Break up the buns into small chunks, then spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake about 35-45 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown and dry out.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter, then brown the ground beef, stirring occasionally to break up the meat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dried out bread and beef. Mix in the cheese, diced onion and pickles, then the sauce, stirring until well-combined.
- Transfer the stuffing mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and stuffing is golden brown on top. Serve with shredded lettuce. Enjoy!