Whether you’re cutting carbs in your diet, or are just looking for the next delicious thing to eat, this recipe is for you! This Cheesy Tex Mex Cauli-Rice leaves your taste buds happy and your stomach satisfied, without feeling heavy or over-stuffed!
Cauliflower is the latest food hero, as it’s low-carb and the perfect substitute for rice and bread. This cheesy dish makes a great one pan dinner that’ll leave you with very little mess and maximum flavor!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add more olive oil if the skillet seems dry, then add cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir until evenly combined and the cauli-rice is slightly red. Add chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro and stir until evenly combined.
- Top cauli-rice with both cheeses, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.