These Mini Taco Stuffed Peppers are like regular stuffed peppers...but so much cuter! You can easily prepare them ahead of time for an easy appetizer, snack or dinner that your whole family will love.
You can customize your peppers by experimenting with different ingredients. Try using ground chicken instead of beef, or adding in beans, corn or onions to your stuffing mix.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 lbs mini bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice 1/3 of the pepper off lengthwise and reserve for later. Remove the seeds from the peppers.
- Finely chop the reserved peppers and set aside 3/4 cup.
- In a 10-inch skillet cook the beef along with the reserved 3/4 cup of the chopped peppers over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes (or until beef is brown).
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, let mixture cool slightly before stuffing the peppers.
- Fill each pepper as full as possible with the beef mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes
- While peppers are baking make the Cilantro Cream Sauce.
- For the sauce, pulse the sour cream, cilantro, garlic and lime in a food processor until smooth. Chill the sauce in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove peppers from the oven and top with shredded cheese. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
- Top each pepper with a dollop of the cilantro cream sauce and serve!