Sloppy joes every Wednesday night was the absolute fave! The only way I could get through the week was those sloppy sammies!
Seeing that I’m always on the go as an adult now, why not throw that sloppy joe into a grilled cheese? It’s hard to believe that 2 slices of bread can hold all the sloppiness in but with the help of gooey cheese your sloppy joe is guaranteed to go where ever you need to go!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf Texas toast bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with onion until fully cooked. Drain any grease.
- Return the pan to the heat, then add mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, and worcestershire. Simmer 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place one slice of bread on a cutting board, then sprinkle with cheese, a scoop of the beef mixture, and top with more cheese.
- Heat a pan over medium, then melt enough butter to coat the pan. Place the assembled sandwiches down, as many as you can fit in the pan, then cook in batches, carefully flipping over once golden brown.