Ah...Buffalo wings! Is there anything better? Well if you don’t eat meat you’ll never know, luckily with the help of cauliflower your options just got a little bigger.
These crunchy cauliflower wings will blow your proverbial mind. They have the spiciness but also have the added bonus of vitamin enriched cauliflower! Great for meat eaters and non meat eaters alike!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the batter, mix all the ingredients, except for butter and hot sauce, in a large mixing bowl. The batter should be thin enough that it runs off the cauliflower.
- To dredge, dip each floret into the batter, coating evenly. Shake off the excess batter on the side of the bowl.
- Place battered florets in one even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the florets are baking, in a small pot over low heat, melt the butter and stir in the hot sauce, bringing to a simmer before removing from the heat.
- Put the baked florets into a large mixing bowl, then toss with hot sauce mixture to evenly coat. Place back on the baking sheet, then bake again another 25 minutes.