Finally a perfect beachy BBQ recipe to sink my teeth into! Sliders don’t always have to be burgers, citrusy grilled chicken will change your BBQ for ever!
These little sliders pack a big flavor punch! Citrus marinated chicken, sweet pineapple,crisp veggies and sweet and salty teriyaki sauce make this 4 bites to remember!
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast - cut in 4 equal sized pieces
- 1 cored pineapple (rings)
- 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 6 slices red onion
- 12 Hawaiian bread rolls - split and toasted
- 12 lettuce leaves - rinsed and dried
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lime juice, cider vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes each side and brushing with teriyaki, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork. Grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.
- Spread 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce on the bottom half of a toasted roll; next add a lettuce leaf, a piece of chicken, a pineapple round, and an onion slice. Replace the top and repeat with the remaining rolls.