It's hard to believe Bette Midler will be turning 72-years-old on Dec. 1. Since the early 70s, the fabulous starlet has graced our presence on a plethora of platforms, and has won over our hearts time and time again.
Midler has never let us down in a single performance, and neither will we as we deliver 11 astonishing facts you may not have known about the talented artist.
1. Her full name is Bette Davis Midler, named after actress, Bette Davis.
2. Midler was the valedictorian of her high school class.
3. She was voted "Most Talkative" and "Most Dramatic" by her classmates too.
4. Midler is a quadruple talent: she's a singer, actress, comedian, and activist.
5. When Midler lived in Hawaii, she worked at a pineapple processing plant.
6. She adopted the stage name "The Divine Miss M" when she was performing at the Continental Baths, a gay bathhouse in New York with Barry Manilow - who served as her pianist, arranger, and musical director.
7. When Midler wed artist Martin von Haselberg in 1984, they had an Elvis impersonator officiate their nuptials.
8. Midler starred in The Rose as Mary Rose Foster, a film loosely based on the life of singer Janis Joplin, where she sang her critically acclaimed hit, also titled,The Rose.
9. She starred in the 1993 cult classic, Hocus Pocus, but slammed the potential remake by calling it "cheap."
10. She has won several awards during her career, including a Tony Award, three Grammy Awards, and four Emmy Awards.
11. As of 2010, Midler has sold over 30 million records.
What did you think was the most interesting fact about the iconic starlet?