Criminal Minds isn't just a TV show...it's a way of life. For 12 seasons, the cast has kept us entertained both on and off the screen and it almost feels like we're a part of the team!
But have you ever noticed that Criminal Minds has started creeping into your own life? I have. And these are some of the signs it's happening to you too.
1. You constantly wish you had someone to be Derek Morgan to your Penelope Garcia.
Just someone who will always be there for you, not romantically. A BFF of epic proportions.
2. You get upset when someone insults Dr. Spencer Reid.
Don't you dare forget the Dr. in front of his name. And don't even THINK about calling him weird. He is perfect and needs protection at all costs!
3. You can identify which season you're watching based on who's in the cast.
Gideon and Elle means season 1, Gideon and NO Elle means season 2, Prentiss means mid-season 2, no Gideon means season 3, etc.
4. Or by Dr. Reid's hair.
He's a man of many hats, or hairstyles I guess.
5. You can't stay at a hotel without being supremely paranoid.
I've seen one too many episodes to NOT think there's a custodial worker who preys on suspecting guests.
6. You automatically profile all your friends.
Because she grew up in a single parent household, your neighbor is likely to commit crimes against families due to her lack of family fulfillment when she was a child...or something like that.
7. You can't look at James van der Beek without being mad at him for what he did to Dr. Reid.
Yes, it was only fictional. But watching Reid get put through so much torture at the hand of our Dawson's Creek hero is too much to handle. No matter what, I'll always see him as Rafael who kick-started Dr. Reid's drug addiction.
8. You've run through scenarios in your mind on how to escape a serial killer.
Unlike these girls, you'll never have to be stuck choosing who of your friends to kill. You also know better than to answer the door after dark and not to follow strangers despite how cute they are.
9.You never believe a character is dead because of the stunt Emily Prentiss pulled.
Derek thought she died in his arms and everyone mourned her loss after the doctors couldn't save her...or so they thought. If Emily Prentiss can go into witness protection in Paris for 2 years, so can every other TV character that has died.
10. You started putting post-it notes over your webcam because you're not taking any chances.
Sure, it's unlikely that someone is hacking your webcam to spy...but why take that risk? We all saw what happened to those people.
11. You've gone to ask Penelope Garcia for tech help before remembering she's not real, and you're not FBI.
She's just so good at everything! And she's probably really good at Facebook creeping people.
12. You know way too much about serial killers for it to be normal.
You could hold your own during any conversation with Hotch and Reid about historical serial killers. And you also think you have a knack for tracing them down in real life, even though you totally don't.
13. As far as you're concerned, you're a member of the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI
You'd fit right in. You've been with them on every case, every plane ride, and through every emotional roller coaster. One of these days, you'll get your badge in the mail. Until then, I wonder if there's a Criminal Minds marathon on right now?