Tiny breaded pieces off chicken also known as popcorn chicken is my kind of fried chicken. Bite sized morsels of fried goodness should be everyone's catch of the day.
Using one of the best breakfast cereals for breading is an absolutely genius idea! You get the natural cereal sweetness and add some salt for a sweet and salty treat the whole family will go crazy for.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Cap’n Crunch cereal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoon sparkling water
- oil for frying
- Serve with creole mustard for dipping
- Coarsely crush cereal so it’s still a little chunky.
- In a medium bowl mix cereal, 1 tablespoon flour, eggs and sparkling water. Place the remaining flour in a separate bowl.
- Place a hand full of chicken in the flour, shake off excess flour, dip them into batter and straight into the preheated oil.
- Cook for approx 2-3 minutes depending on the size of chicken pieces. Drain on paper towel and season with sea salt!