With back to school here already, I'm always looking for new things to make the kids when they get home from a long day hard at work (in the classroom and on the playground!).
These Bacon Grilled Cheese Roll Ups are the perfect easy snack, and you can throw it all together in 30 minutes or less. These dunkable grilled cheeses make the perfect side to a warm bowl of tomato soup - this will turn into an after school must-have!
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices American or Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter
- Remove the crusts from the sliced bread and roll flat using a rolling pin or the side of a glass.
- Add a slice of cheese on top of the flattened bread, then roll up tightly and wrap a slice of bacon around, securing with a toothpick.
- In a large pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, then add all of the roll ups. Continuously turn the roll ups around in the pan to ensure all sides are nicely browned and cheese is fully melted.
- Serve with ketchup, on the side of tomato soup, or however you like. Enjoy!