Step aside wing night - Buffalo Chicken French Loaf will satisfy your craving for messy wings and will make you fall in love with this new twist on the classic. Using rotisserie chicken and a ready-baked French loaf from your grocery store, it doesn't get much easier than this.
This recipe is perfect for game day and is super filling. When it comes to toppings, blue cheese is optional (the loads of cheddar can cover the cheese requirement if you don't like blue), but don't leave out the green onions for a nice pop of color and a little bit of onion kick. If making these for a crowd, double up (or triple) the recipe - fresh out of the oven, these ooey gooey pieces will be the life of the party!
- ½ long French baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 chicken breasts from a roasted chicken, shredded (about 2 cups of shredded chicken)
- ¼ to ½ cup Frank's Red Buffalo Wing Sauce or any buffalo wing sauce you prefer
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a bowl mix together the shredded chicken with the buffalo sauce. Add more or less depending on how spicy you wanted.
Top each half of the bread with half of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle each half with cheddar cheese, dividing it evenly.
Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 8 minutes just until cheese melts and is bubbly. Remove from oven and top with crumbled blue cheese, green onions and parsley (if desired).