A classic southern shrimp boil is always on the menu during the summer but all of my family eats all the shrimp and leave me with the potatoes and corn! I had to figure out a way to get the shrimp before they ate it all.
Taking all the same ingredients that your favorite shrimp boil has, hearty potatoes, sweet corn, salty sausage and of course the star.......Shrimp! Divide them up evenly in tin foil packets add your seasonings, throw it on the grill and no more shrimpless boils!
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated red potato wedges
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 lb summer sausage, cubed
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Divide potatoes, shrimp, sausage and corn among four pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18x12-in. rectangles). Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Squeeze lemon juice over top; place squeezed wedges in packets. Fold foil around mixture, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, shrimp turn pink and potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.