There is nothing better than a classic dinner. Slow Cooker Chicken & Gravy is one of the best of the the best dinners. Served with all your favorite sides, the whole family will ask for this dinner again and again.
It's ridiculously easy to make and is perfect for those busy days when you just want to come home and have dinner ready to go.
- 2 packets dry chicken gravy mix
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Rice, mashed potatoes or noodles to serve
Season each side of the chicken breasts with garlic, salt and pepper.
Add your gravy mix to the slow cooker, then top with the can of soup.
Add the water and stir together.
Add the chicken into the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Use forks to tear apart the chicken into pieces.
Add the sour cream if you would like it to be a little bit creamier and stir it in.
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes and enjoy!