If there's one thing no one can resist, it's weighing in on another couple's messy relationship drama.
Which is why this story - about a couple who drew up a "couple contract" - is getting so much traction online.
Other couples are divided on whether this list is a stroke of genius, or a sign of a controlling relationship.
The only thing we can say for sure is that you will have strong opinions about the list after reading it.
The 22 Rules
Twitter user @kkeyes96 uncovered this list of rules written by a woman for her boyfriend - who was obviously in the doghouse - in a used car he purchased about a year ago.
He makes clear that the list was not written by his girlfriend, but says he had to delete the original post because mistaken readers showered her with criticism.
That shows you just how passionately people feel about this list, and the kind of debate it inspires.
Couples around the world have already taken sides, with most arguing that the rules are unfair and controlling.
Here are the 22 rules in full, with an easy-to-read version below. Warning: some of these rules contain adult subject matter.
The 22 Rules
- You are NOT to have a single [girl's] phone number
- You are NOT to follow them on any social media (including Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter)
- You are NOT to hang out with Keegan (including his house or anywhere public)
- You are NOT to go to Honda without me
- You are NOT to hang out with your friends more than two times a week
- You are NOT to look at a single girl
- If girls come up to you at any place or anytime you are to WALK away
- Mo is to NOT hang out (with) us every time we hang out
- You are NOT to ask for head
- You are NOT to get mad at me about a single thing ever again
- You are NOT to bring up Tyler, Noah, Deven, or Josh ever again
- You are NOT allowed to drink unless I am with you
- I am allowed to do a phone check when EVER[sic] I please
- If we move in there are NEVER to be girls at our house
- If we move in together your friends will RARELY be allowed over
- If I catch you around girls I kill you
- You are NOT to ditch me for your friends
- Austin does NOT CONTROL WHEN I HANG OUT WITH YOU!
- We are to go on a legit date once every two weeks at least
- If I say jump you say "how high princess"
- You are to make sure you tell me you love me once a day at least so I know you're not messing around
- You are to NEVER take longer than 10 mins to text me back
The full list leaves us with plenty of questions. For example, is the guy allowed to follow female celebrities on social media? What happens if his girlfriend texts him while he's asleep?
And most importantly, who is Keegan and what did he do?
While plenty of readers say the list a red flag, and even accuse the girlfriend of abusive behavior, others say it's obvious that the boyfriend has been cheating on her.
Still, even if some of these rules are meant as a joke, there are plenty of extreme restrictions included.
After reading the list for yourself, what do you make of it?
[H/T: Bored Panda]