Now's the perfect time to start decorating your home for fall. These Mason Jar Leaf Candles are a cozy addition to any home. Not only are they easy to make, but they look really great too! Give them a try and let us know how they turn out.
- Mason jars (cleaned and dried)
- Contact paper
- Chalk acrylic paint
- Foam brush
- X-acto knife
- Popcorn kernels or bird seed
- Battery operated tealights
- Start with your leaf template. You can either print off a template form online, trace a real life leaf, or draw one yourself.
- Cut out your leaf to create the stencil.
- Trace the stencil on contact paper using a marker.
- Peel the transfer tape off the leaf and stick to your mason jar.
- Start painting your jar using the foam brush and acrylic paint. Allow paint to dry for a few hours before starting your 2nd coat.
- Use your X-acto knife to score the edges of your leaf stencil. Start pulling the stencil away from the mason jar. Make sure to do this slowly!
- Decorate the jar with twine. You can also attach fall-themed stickers, stamps or tags if you like.
- Once you're happy with how your jar looks, fill about halfway through your leaf with popcorn kernels or birdseed. Place battery operated tealight in jar...and you're finished!