Now's the perfect time to start decorating your home for fall. These Mason Jar Leaf Candles are a cozy addition to any home. Not only are they easy to make, but they look really great too! Give them a try and let us know how they turn out.
- Mason jars (cleaned and dried)
- Contact paper
- Chalk acrylic paint
- Foam brush
- X-acto knife
- Popcorn kernels or bird seed
- Battery operated tealights
1. Start with your leaf template. You can either print off a template form online, trace a real life leaf, or draw one yourself.
2. Cut out your leaf to create the stencil.
3. Trace the stencil on contact paper using a marker.
4. Peel the transfer tape off the leaf and stick to your mason jar.
5. Start painting your jar using the foam brush and acrylic paint. Allow paint to dry for a few hours before starting your 2nd coat.
6. Use your X-acto knife to score the edges of your leaf stencil. Start pulling the stencil away from the mason jar. Make sure to do this slowly!
7. Decorate the jar with twine. You can also attach fall-themed stickers, stamps or tags if you like.
8. Once you're happy with how your jar looks, fill about halfway through your leaf with popcorn kernels or birdseed. Place battery operated tealight in jar...and you're finished!