Fully loaded baked potatoes are my absolute fave! But as a snack not so much. That’s why I thought about all the same elements in nacho form would be the ultimate late night snack for myself.
With potato chips as your base pile the toppings as high as you want! Personally I went with a cheese fondue, fresh green onions, crispy bacon and some pickled jalapenos for some heat. All together your looking at a pretty amazing snack or meal to blow your friends minds.
- Potato chips (kettle style)
- Sour cream
- Green onions, sliced
- Bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- Jalapenos, sliced
For White Cheddar fondue:
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces sharp white Cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- Place chips on serving plate and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the flour, and add the milk slowly, whisking as you go. Let the sauce simmer over a very low flame for about 10 minutes. Stir in the cheese, dry mustard, Worcestershire, salt, white pepper and cayenne.
- Ladle sauce over chips, add toppings and enjoy.