Over 1 billion chickens are eaten every year and well we need more ways to enjoy this delicious bird. Fried, roasted, grill are a few ways but what about stuffing with nacho flavors!? Yes please!
Starting with the chicken, make a small pocket and fill it up with cheese, spices and of course jalapenos! Bread the whole thing in crunchy nacho chips. Your next fiesta will be mucho yummy with the addition of Stuffed nacho chicken.
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ounce grated cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, sour cream and green onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Make up to 1 day ahead of time, store covered in the fridge.
- Cut a 1-inch wide slit into the thick end of each chicken breast and carefully cut down to the center of the breast to form a pocket. Be careful not to slice all the way through. Fill each pocket with the cheese mixture. Press to seal shut.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. Place the crushed tortilla chips in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken lightly with the flour. Coat the chicken with the eggs. Dredge the chicken in the crushed tortilla chips, making sure they adhere well to the surface.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet pan over medium-high heat. Gently place the chicken in the pan and fry until golden brown on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and place in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.